Mr. Yu Yanggen, born in Zhuji, Zhejiang in Oct., 1920, a CPC member and Associate Professor of English, can be labbelled a founder of English teahing faculty of ZJGSU. He was an English major Since graduating in July 1947 from Foreign Languages Department of the National Central University of China (the former name of Nanjing University) with a B.A. degree in English Language and Literature, he had been working at Zhejiang Advanced Commerce Pofessional School and Hangzhou Institute of Commerce, former names of Zhejiang Gongshang University, as a teacher of English, Russian, and Physical Exercise etc. from March 1950 to Aug. 1987. He founded the Foreign Languages Teaching Section and had been Dean for many years. He deserves the title of a founder of English teaching faculty of ZJGSU. During his 37 years’ teaching career at the school, Mr. Yu Yanggen made notable contribution to English teaching and was highly appreciated for his dedication and hard work both at teaching and management. He has been taking care of the university’s foreign languages teaching and making his devotion to the composition of University Annals even after his retirement in Aug.1987.